Senior Accountant position in Indianapolis, IN
Networks Connect is conducting a search for a Senior Accountant position to be in Indianapolis, IN. You may be a great candidate for this position if you have a bachelor’s degree in accounting and a minimum of 6 years of accounting experience. In this position, you will be responsible for the month-end-close process, preparing journal entries, biweekly payroll review, account reconciliations and maintenance of fixed assets system and schedules. Additionally, you will assist with the Medicare Cost Report, various ad hoc audits, reviews and surveys, the preparation of annual property taxes, coordination and insurance of K-1 tax documents to owners, preparing and reviewing month-end reports, the preparation of monthly budget variance reports and associated notifications, and participation in the annual budget process.
Your duties will include:
- Maintains financial records and the general ledger for the hospital and its subsidiary. Prepares and executes the month-end close process by preparing monthly general and standard journal entries, prepares quarterly distribution schedules, maintains fixed asset schedules, and performs account reconciliations for assigned companies on a recurring basis. Responsible for maintaining chart of accounts as needed by adding accounts, inactivating accounts, etc.
- Maintains the hospital Cost Accounting system.
- Prepares the annual budget for various entities of the organization with oversight and guidance from accounting leadership. Assists with the preparation and compilation of monthly budget variance reports. Responsible for the coordination of budget compilation both annual and monthly, by working with interdepartmental contacts within the organization to ensure timely, accurate completion.
- Assists independent auditors within interim and year-end audit and Medicare Cost Report for the hospital.
- Assists in training assigned staff including Staff Accountants and Accounts Payable. Supports department by answering questions and providing guidance on policies and procedures.
- Maintain working knowledge of all governmental regulations and practices (GAAP) affecting accrual-based hospital finance and accounting procedures.
- Actively participates in annual, quarterly, and cyclical financial requirements and processes, such as property taxes, distributions, K-1 reconciliations, audits/reviews, and property tax return preparations.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- 6-8 years of experience required 8-10 years of experience preferred.
- Previous healthcare experience preferred.
- Intermediate to Expert Level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
$80,000 - $100,000 salary
Location - In Office
- Greater Indianapolis, IN
Accounting & Finance