Medical Records Specialist
Networks Connect is conducting a search for a Medical Records Specialist on behalf of our client in Sarasota. The Medical Records Specialist is responsible for the day to day tasks related to the processing of health information to include but not limited to the following: chart pick-up, general HIM reception and transcription, release of information, indexing and quality assurance of medical records, analysis, amendments, audits, and birth certificate processing, emergency assistance program processing, and chart completion.
- Analyzes outpatient & inpatient charts in accordance with department policy.
- Runs chart reconciliation report, retrieves and locates any missing charts and resolves any issues on a daily basis.
- Locates dictation in EMon using one of the following: Clinician Name, Patient Account, Dictation ID or Confirmation number.
- Processes internal/external ROI requests from floors.
- Reviews and determines if image should be deleted.
- Reports and inconsistencies in the indexing/quality process to the scan center, and/or HIM quality when applicable.
- Conducts follow-up with the patient to ensure they have completed and mailed forms back.
- Process insurance audit request in accordance with the department policy.
- Experience in medical records or Health Information Management.
- Ability to perform clerical duties, repetitive and detailed task.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- High School Diploma, GED or Certificate Required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person
17.00 - 20.00 hourly
Location - In Office
- Sarasota, FL
Office, Clerical, & Administrative