Manager, Health Information Management (HIM)
Networks Connect Professional Staffing is conducting a search on behalf of our client for a Manager, Health Information Management (HIM). This leader manages a team of Healthcare Information Specialists and leads the daily activities of the HIM department. The Hospital is located in the Tampa/Sarasota area and relocation assistance is provided.
In this role, the leader sets the tone and models positive leadership behavior, while ensuring teamwork tasks, projects, and responsibilities are completed successfully in support of departmental and organizational goals. This leader is the on-site representative and subject matter expert for HIM at the Hospital location. Continued development, implementation, and maintenance of a fully functioning EHR system which is based on workflow technology and interfaces within system specific applications. Also responsible for coordinating department functions/staff pertaining to record indexes, record completion, deficiency analysis/re-analysis, incomplete record notification and suspension processes, release of information and scanning.
- Manages staff and oversees employee performance; provides on-going performance feedback, addresses problems, orients, and trains employees, verifies competency and identifies and suggests way to develop skills, monitors workflows.
- Develop and maintain job specific Standard of Work processes across various HIM disciplines for optimal reimbursement and to avoid financial risk to the patient, physician, and organization.
- Assess accuracy of data integrity ensuring complete and accuracy of information is entered in an efficient and timely manner; development of quality reporting metrics to support the same.
- Responsible for maintaining efficient and ethical department operational budget; provides remediation plans when necessary to meet budgetary targets.
- Interprets, develops, and maintains departmental specific policies, in addition to recommending and implementing policy changes as needed for compliance and regulatory needs.
- Measures performance improvement standards per system policy and implements performance improvement practices to achieve maximum outcomes; responsible for meeting department defined key performance indicators as assigned.
- Ensures adherence to accounting controls, compliance standards and all federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Monitors and develops root cause analysis on all deficient documentation related denials.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Management or Business preferred, or equivalent combination of education (minimum Associates Degree required) and work experience. A minimum of 3-4 years supervisory experience in a hospital/medical office environment preferred.
- Accreditation as RHIA or RHIT by the American Health Information Management Association required.
Location - In Office
- Sarasota, FL