Certified Medical Coder (Level I)
Certified Medical Coder – Ocala, Florida Area
Networks Connect is conducting a search for a Certified Medical Coder (Level I) to be in the Ocala, Florida Area. In this position, you will be accountable for timely and accurate coding and filing of claims to minimize the number of claims rejections and denials.
As the Certified Medical Coder, your job duties will include:
- Reviewing medical records, provider notes, dictation and other documentation and compare to the actual codes selected by the provider.
- Utilizing ICD9/10 to code diagnosis and determine principal and significant secondary diagnoses.
- Utilizing CPT/HPCS to assign and sequence all codes for services rendered.
- Providing education and teaching to providers and clinical assistants as needed related to proper coding encounters (CPT, ICD-10 and HCC) and compliance with medical record documentation.
- Reviewing all FFS and UHC MA notes from encounters for prior day.
- Reviewing diagnosis codes to ensure the codes are specific to clinical documentation.
- Collaborating and providing feedback to providers when questions arise where a code might need to be edited or added according to correct coding guidelines and requirements.
- Ensuring that claims are accurate and clean before submission utilizing appropriate coding tools.
- Resolving coding issues in the Athena Workflow Dashboard “Hold” cues as well as the Assigned Claim Worklists.
- Reviewing assigned providers’ upcoming schedules to identify M.A. patients. Audit M.A. patient chart for any HCC diagnoses (retrospective, prospective or suspected) that need to be brought forward to provider to validate and subsequently address.
- Conducting chart audits and coding reviews to ensure all documentation is accurate and precise in accordance with correct coding guidelines.
- Assisting and collaborating with billing department personnel as needed to ensure all bills are satisfied in a timely manner.
You are the perfect person if you have:
- One of the following Certifications Required: CPC, RHIT, CCS, CRC
- 2 years of medical coding experience preferred.
- Experience interpreting medical records.
- Experience interacting with physicians regarding coding requirements.
- Knowledge of CPT/HPCS and ICD9/ICD10 coding.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
If you are interested in this Certified Medical Coder job, please apply today by submitting your resume. If you are interested in being considered for other jobs, please submit your resume.
41,000 - 60,000 salary
Location - In Office
- Ocala Area, FL
Medical Billing & Coding