Nurse Practitioner (NP)
Networks Connect is a healthcare staffing company serving the short-term, long-term contract, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire staffing service needs of all companies in the healthcare or healthcare service industry.
We are seeking a Clinical Trials Nurse Practitioner to participate in the execution of clinical research on colon cancer.
Salary: $65.00 per hour
Location - In Office
- Tulsa, OK
- Research Nurse Practitioner (NP) routinely applies medical knowledge and experience to direct the clinical course of research participants in clinical trials, assures study participant safety, and manages clinical research protocols and procedures.
- Collects basic medical history and related information to determine initial eligibility for participating in study protocols in consultation with investigator.
- Educates potential enrollees about study protocol(s) and answer questions regarding participation in the study.
- Reviews and obtains informed consent from the subjects prior to enrollment in the clinical investigations protocol.
- Coordinates and conducts study subject visits and assure all procedures are conducted in compliance with the clinical study protocol
- Assists in the evaluation and follow up for safety and efficacy of participants.
- Under the direction of a physician, performs physical examinations, specialized research procedures and clinical assessments of participants in outpatient and inpatient settings according to specified study protocols.
- Reviews lab test results and takes action as needed to obtain additional test results, notifies study and safety monitors, and provides written documentation to relevant supervising safety agencies.
- Maintains and updates current, accurate research participant records including medical assessment, interventions, and evaluations.
- Orders, schedules and/or performs laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures.
- Collects and interprets diagnostic data to implement appropriate research participant plans.
- In consultation with investigator and medical monitor, assesses intensity and relationships of adverse events related to study products and/or devices.
- Assists principal investigator in overall implementation and conduct of the study.
- May act as sub-investigator on clinical research studies.
- Participates in professional activities and organizations to maintain knowledge of current trends, practices, and developments in medicine and research.
- Prepares reports and analyses of research projects and investigational protocols; reports on progress, adverse trends and appropriate conclusions and recommendations.
- Contributes to manuscript reviews.
- Actively participates in organizational and operational research committees and networks.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Collaborates with all principal investigators and other key clinical staff members to implement processes and structures for conducting clinical trials by institutional guidelines.
- Assures clear client and internal team communication, process documentation, and compliance with Good Clinical Practices and procedures.
- Collaborates to maintain adherence to budgets and milestones.
- Actively involved in audit preparations and site inspections.
- Master of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Collegiality in team environment, excellent judgement, and ability to make decisions in a timely manner.
- Good problem-solving skills with proven ability to strategize, prioritize, and multitask to meet goals/deadlines.
- Working knowledge of research protocols and research regulations relating to protection of human
- Prefer two years clinical research experience.
License / Certification
- Valid Nurse Practitioner certification required if Nurse Practitioner, valid for the State of OK.
- Phlebotomy trained and certified preferred, or willingness to become certified within six (6) months of employment.
- Certification from the Society of Clinical Research Associates, Association of Clinical Research Professionals or similar program, or willingness to become certified within six (6) months of employment.