Direct Support Professional/CNA
We are looking to add talented Direct Support Professional/CNA to our team. We have full-time and part-time opportunities available in the area for Direct Support Professional/C.N.A.
JOB SUMMARY – Direct Support Professional/C.N.A
Direct Support Professionals support clients with their life to include health and personal cares, therapeutic, educational, recreational, and leisure activities for individuals with disabilities to achieve maximum growth and learning, as they make transitions through their life. The direct support professional assumes the authority, responsibility, and accountability for carrying out their individual plans. They will support the development and connections needed to participate in community life.
Salary: $15.00 – $17.00 per hour
Location - In Office
- Jamestown, ND
- Complete the client training program according to the policies and procedures.
- must be able to learn and perform personal cares, and behavioral, education and therapeutic programs, and have the ability to learn and comprehend terminology related to the position.
- Must have the ability to communicate verbally and in writing; be able to follow verbal and written instructions, and problem solve effectively with children/young adults, staff, and family members.
- Required to provide proof of ownership/registration prior to personal vehicle being approved for business use; drivers must provide and maintain current proof of insurance.
- H.S. diploma or equivalent
- Prefer experience in the area of Developmental Disabilities
- Ability to complete the Anne Carlsen Center training program according to ACC policies and procedures; must be able to learn and perform personal cares, behavioral and therapeutic programs.
- Ability to learn and comprehend terminology related to the position.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing; able to follow verbal and written instructions, and problem solve effectively with individuals, staff, and family members.
- Ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills, having integrity, being tactful, courteous, and sensitive with internal and external contacts.
- Must be able to adapt to rapid change and must be able to intervene promptly in crisis/emergency situations.
License / Certification
- Applicant must hold a current CNA license.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)