Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
We are looking to add a talented Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) to our team. We have full-time and part-time opportunities available in the area for Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) who desires to work in a fast-pace urgent care setting. You are a qualified candidate for this position if you have at least 1 year of Medical Nursing Assistant (CNA) experience but not required.
Salary: $16.50 – $18.50 per hour
Location - In Office
- Hailey, ID
- Rexburg, ID
- Clinical staff provides direct and indirect patient care in the clinic setting.
- He/she communicates with providers/nurse manager/co-workers as appropriate, about changes in patients clinical condition including results of diagnostic evaluation and changes in patient condition or symptomatology.
- The clinical staff member will be able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment, and avail his or herself of all training, skills and ability commonly developed through attainment of licensure in their field.
- Work under direct supervision of MD, PA-C or NP to provide excellent patient care to all clients that come to Urgent Care.
- Can perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and perform reassessments as per policy. This includes pediatric, geriatric, the general patient population, and medical screening exams.
- Adequately assesses and reassesses pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques.
- Performs waived testing (point-of-care testing) per clinical laboratory in a timely manner.
- Performs all quality control testing for lab equipment. Maintains records according to CLIA regulations.
- Is knowledgeable of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Follows the five medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
- Can perform treatments and provide services to the level of licensure. Treatments and procedures include but are not limited to phlebotomy, EKG's, Spirometry, X-rays, medication dispensing and education, IV insertion and maintenance, injections, audiometry, ear irrigation, drug screens.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic, and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families. Functions as a liaison between administration, patients, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
- Per state regulations, must obtain radiology certification within 90 days of hire.
- Perform all occupational medicine tasks per policy to include specimen collections, reporting through national platforms and following employer requests.
- Ensures cleanliness in the worker area. Keeping neat and orderly.
- Is flexible, organized and functions under stressful situations.
- Always maintain patient confidentiality. Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
- Wears identification while on duty, uses a computerized punch time system correctly.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Flexible scheduling, work weekends and holidays and work overtime when needed.
- Performs other job duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Urgent Care or physician office experience (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of standard laboratory and medical procedures
- Basic math, accurate data collection and data entry skills
- Licensed professionals capable of working under the direction of the provider include certified nursing assistant, certified medical assistant, emergency medical technician, respiratory therapist, radiology technician, licensed practical nurse and registered nurse.
License / Certification
- Current, valid license for Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in the state of employment
- Certification in CPR (BLS)
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)