Certified Nurses Aide (CNA or STNA)
We are looking to add talented Certified Nursing Assistants – CNA to our team. We have full-time and part-time opportunities available in the area for Certified Nurse Assistants – CNA who desire to work in a hospital setting. Certified Nursing Assistants perform various duties, such as assisting staff nurses in the treatment and care of patients in the medical/surgical unit, ER, OR, ICU, etc. in accordance with the established methods and procedures of the hospital.
Salary: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour
Location - In Office
- Sarasota, FL
- Direct Patient Care Activities
- Performs selected procedures and treatments according to hospital policy and procedures
- Helps prepare unit, patient(s), and patient bed(s) for receiving patient admissions, returning surgical patients, transfers, or emergencies
- Assists in and, as necessary, accompanies patient in the admission, transfer, and discharge procedures
- Provides care (oral care, bed bath, if necessary, assists with shower, changing of bed linens, dressing patient) and evening care (freshening bed linen, undressing patient) and other general care as necessary throughout the day
- As directed, takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, 02 stat, weight, height, pain, intake/output measurements, blood sugars, and whirlpools
- Assist with preoperative and postoperative, such as positioning patient with proper body mechanics, applying/ utilizing special equipment as necessary, asset or feed patient, and removes trays
- Makes rounds frequently to assigned patients, anticipates patient’s needs, and answers/ responds to patient call-lights or paging
- Initiates CPR and participates in Basic Life Support activities when required
- Completes the admission process in the ER in the absence of ER clerk, i.e., paperwork with signatures, applications of ID bands, insurance verification, etc
- Handles and cares for patients’ valuables, clothing, and other personal property (including prosthetic devices, hearing aids, dentures, glasses, contact lens, etc.) from admission through discharge of the patient
- Transport patients to and from various areas, as necessary attends patients to outside doctor appointments
- Collects specimens and transports same to proper areas, as required
- Assists in maintaining a safe and clean environment by reporting equipment that is out of order, reporting other problems to charge nurse, cleaning equipment as assigned, and preparing same for disinfection, and receiving supply stock on the unit if needed
- Abides by and supports hospital and departmental policies and procedures
- Receives, greets, and directs patients, visitors, and hospital personnel arriving to or calling the nurses station and/or emergency room
- Answers phones, receives, and delivers messages to nursing personnel and patients
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum of one year's experience preferred.
- Must possess good computer skills.
- Must be customer-service oriented and able to effectively communicate and build relationships with Team Members at all levels in the organization.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, to assist in providing exceptional care for our patients and their families.
License / Certification
- Current/active Florida CNA certification required.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)