Who We Are
Networks Connect is a healthcare staffing solutions company serving the short-term, long-term contract, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire staffing service needs of all companies in the healthcare or healthcare service industry. Full Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits Available!
We are looking to add a talented Medical Receptionist to our team. We have full-time opportunities available in the area for Medical Receptionist who desires to work in a fast-pace urgent setting. You are a qualified candidate for this position if you have at least 1 year of Medical Receptionist experience but not required. This person will be someone who can make an immediate impact, has a track record of showing initiative, is willing to collaborate, and possesses the ideal balance of experience and potential for future advancement.
The medical receptionist will be the first point of contact so they will need to make a good first impression. We want someone on the front lines who has a professional appearance and attitude. Duties include offering administrative support across the organization. They will welcome guests and greet people who visit the clinic. They will also coordinate front-desk activities, including verifying patients as well as collecting insurance information.
To be successful as a Medical Receptionist, they should also be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position.
1. Receiving visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately. Educate and assists patients on signing into Clockwise MD. Educate and provide information to the patient regarding the patient portal.
2. Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email. Very knowledgeable on HIPAA regulations and maintains confidentiality. Maintains annual and additional training on HIPAA regulations and compliance.
3. Prepares an order for the front office supplies and keeps inventory of stock. Works closely with the manager to determine appropriate levels of supplies. Turns in the order for manager to place.
4. Have patients fill out information sheets such as patient demographics, workers comp, drug screen, occupational med or Epworth sleep scale forms. Accurately enters patients, their demographics and their insurance into the EMR system. Verifying all demographic information and insurance information with each visit. Utilize the EMR system to verify real time insurance information.
5. Collecting payments and post them to the correct accounts. This includes collecting co-pays prior to the patient being seen and collecting balances for services and/or supplies before the patient leaves. Maintains an accurate funds log for all money received and posted by the receptionist for the day. Count the cash drawer at the beginning and end of each shift and initial that this procedure was done. Maintain an accurate funds log of the money in the cash drawer. Have a clear understanding of the payment process within the EMR to include “save/finalize”, running a credit card, and issuing a credit back to a credit card. Writes a hand receipt for all CASH received.
6. Call other medical facilities, companies, insurances, etc. for additional information needed to treat the patient. Ensures appropriate release of information or occupational medicine release forms have been filled out by the patient.
7. Educate patients on membership plans. If a patient would like to sign up as a member, help facilitate that process though our website portal. Answer all questions regarding the membership that the patient may have. Instruct the patient to review the membership rules and point out that it is a 12-month contract for consumers (white cards).
8. Make copies of sports physical papers, workers comp restriction/release forms, other important documents for patients, referring providers and/or employers. Manages all record requests by securing a release, gathering the requested information, securing payment if it is someone other then the patient or referred provider, and mailing or faxing to the appropriate requestor. Understands medical record requests process and how it corresponds to HIPAA.
9. Reports to work on time and unlocks the front door and opens the clinic. Maintains the cleanliness of the reception room throughout the shift. Makes sure the reception bathroom is clean and in working order.
10. Makes sure that all forms used for gathering patient data, patient information, and patient handouts on policies or procedures are up to date and accurate. Maintains a file for these forms that can be readily handed out if requested by the patient. These files referred to on our demographic sheet include our Arbitration Policy, Financial Policy, HIPAA form, Outside Service Agreement and Membership Cost Breakdown.
11. Understands the process of checking in a patient who has a membership. Fully understands how to find the patient within the HINT platform prior to checking the patient in. Has the “membership cost breakdown” policy readily available for any questions the patient may have regarding their personal responsibility for the costs incurred for the visit. Understands the procedure if the patient is not on the HINT platform but insists they are a member. Collects all membership discounted fee prior to the patient being seen for a white card member and collects the discounted fee that is due for services and/or supplies prior to the patient leaving.
12. Will maintain education requirement with the EMR system by completing the FRONT DESK STAFF TRAINING. A validation form will be downloaded, the training video watched, the supplemental materials done along with the deep dive topics. This will be done every 6 months and the validation form will be sent to human resources to be stored in the employee file.
13. Performs other job duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative, or similar role.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers).
Solid written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
Excellent organizational skills.
Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
1. Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
2. Excellent customer service skills.
3. Additional languages preferred.
4. Excellent computer knowledge and skills in working with spreadsheets, QuickBooks, data entry, internet/intranet, etc.
5. Ability to use all office equipment.
6. Able to type 60-70 words per minute, accurately.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Job Type: Full-time
$15.00 to 17.00 hourly
Location - In Office
- Idaho Falls, ID
- Hailey , ID
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls in a professional and courteous manner.
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as scanning, filing, photocopying, transcribing, and faxing. This is maintained throughout the day, and all completed before leaving the shift.
- Excellent customer service skills